Welcome to Cape Ann Waldorf School!
Studying the Middle Ages and Geometry in the Sixth Grade
Founded in 1986, Cape Ann Waldorf School is a member of the worldwide organization of over 1,000 Waldorf schools in 60 countries around the world. The education is devoted to teaching to the child's interests and developmental capacities so that learning is meaningful and helps each child grow in a healthy way in mind, body, soul and spirit. Confident, compassionate and creative thinkers, our students are ready to go forth with a strong sense of self, reverence for life and service to their communities.
The philosophy and curriculum:
* Foster a deep connection with nature
* Cultivate long-lasting relationships
* Honor each child's natural development
* Nurture body, soul and spirit
* Provide healthy movement all day
* Fully integrate the arts and academics
Whether you are looking for a warm and nurturing Parent-child class, a Nursery school, Kindergarten, or a rich and deeply challenging Grade School education for your child, we welcome your family to explore our education and community.
The school is located on a 10-acre campus at Moraine Farm in North Beverly, Massachusetts (for directions, click here). If you have questions or would like to schedule a visit to the school, please call Admissions Director, Kelly Hiselman, at 978-927-1936.
New Video — Early Childhood Education and the Lower Grades at Cape Ann Waldorf School
New for Fall, 2013:
* Our 2-, 3-, and 5-day Nursery classes are FULL for next fall. To meet the extraordinary demand in this program, we are pleased to announce that an additional 2-day Nursery will be added to our 2013-2014 offerings. Please call Admissions for more information - 978-927-1936.
* Early Childhood aftercare offerings will also be expanded to include a Extended Day for Nursery (as well as Kindergarten) until 2:30 p.m. or 5:30 p.m.
(RSVP required: 978-927-1936):
Wed, May 22, 1-2pm - Fall Registration for Parent & Child Open House & Puppet Show (Morning Glory and Bachelor's Button classes)
May 22 at 6:30 pm and May 23 at 10:30 am - 6th Grade performs Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales"
Wed, May 28, 7:00pm - Spring Strings Music Concert
May 31 - Last Day for Prospective Student Visits
Fri, Jun 7 - 8th Grade Graduation
New on the blog:
We are proud members of:
New to Waldorf Education?